Saturday 9 October 2010

Have a little lie down

Have a little lie down is the sentance of the week. I've lost count of the number of people who have uttered the immortal words "ooh beds at least you can have a little lie down when you feel tired." How would that work? a customer would come in or a telephone would ring and I could say "OOOH hello I was just having a little lie down" if and when I require a little lie down at work I think it's time to retire!!
Yesterday afternoon the "idiots?" and I were moving a few things about. Swapping a mattress for a memory foam mattress and cutting stock etc. Just a normal Friday afternoon. We were milling around the desk area when all of a sudden water gushed and I mean gushed through the light fitting. The "idiots?" looked up to admire the water I rushed and turned the lights off and found a bucket to contain the water. After the mad dash I enquired "don't you think it would have been a good idea for one of you to turn the lights off immediately?" "NO" they said "the trip switch should have kicked the electric off" They know Bob the builder converted upstairs I doubt if there is a trip switch. Husband boss "idiot?" went upstairs. One of the tennants was doing a bit of plumbing!!
As we worked in the dark again for a while I took the time to ponder what will happen when they get a major leak up there.

No comments: