Wednesday 23 February 2011

Who do you think your are?

Last week a fellow co. worker "idiot?" enquired could we have some more expensive stock carpet as he thought it would sell well. "yes" I replied cheerfully "would you like me to take the money to pay for it out of your wages or would you like to pay for it now?" He looked at me as if I was mad. His plan was that we should take down our good value for money stock. Store it and put the more expensive stock in it's place and see if it would sell. The stock we have is paid for by us and is selling very well. So I had to wonder what is logic was. When I enquired about the payment options I gave him he told me he didn't think it would be a problem as I had money. I soon informed him "I don't have spare money to spend on stock I don't need, in fact if I had spare money would I come to work every day? No I bloody wouldn't I'd stay at home read books paint my nails and generally please myself! am I going on holiday for eighteen days soon? No I'm bloody not so it's obvious to me you have more spare money than me!" He looked at me in his way and said "well you look like you've got money." This made me wonder how do you look like you've got money? I don't drive a new car. I don't wear designer clothes. I'm not dripping in gold and diamonds. I don't live in a mansion. So how the hell do I give the impression I've got money?

No comments: