Saturday 14 May 2011

Just make it clear

This week I needed to send a piece of carpet to be whipped. This is not a mysterious sexual perversion. It means sending a carpet to be sewn down the edges the make either a runner or a rug. In this instance it was a runner for a stairs. This means cutting the piece or pieces from a big cut that will do the rest of the installation. I didn't want anything to go wrong. So I asked my fellow co. worker "idiot?" to make it clear. Start a fresh piece of paper and write the cuts required and draw where it was coming from clearly. What did I get? another piece of paper with loads of scrawl all over it much like the other five pieces of paper I already had. "No" I said for the millionth time. "A clean piece of paper with clear instructions" he replied with a lot of twatter a shrug of the shoulders and went into a right hump. Several if the other "idiots?" were around they got my point but unfortunately he did not!

No comments: