Monday 9 May 2011

Serenity

I am not a believer. But today I have prayed "Please god give me the serenity to last until five 0'clock."
Friday I finished early, not that early it was about 1 0'clock and we close at 5.
In I bounced this morning full of the joys. After a most enjoyable weekend away I was feeling happy. My fellow co. worker "idiot?" greeted me quite happily. It didn't last. After 5 minutes he said "Friday was taking the p***." "Oh was it busy?" I enquired. "It was more than busy" was his reply. Unusually for me I bit my tongue. My brain was thinking That's why you've got a job. So I can finish early on a Friday and enjoy my weekends. We carried on regardless. Then I got a phone call from a customer. "I'm very sorry but I thought I better ring you. The man I spoke to on Saturday totally confused me." Later another phone call "did you get a message from Friday re: my fitting date?" Why oh Why can you not leave the "idiots?" alone for five minutes. I'm sure if they tried they could have dealt with all the enquiries quite admirably. But they don't they say "N***i will sort this on Monday for you."

No comments: