Monday 4 July 2011

Not the only "idiots?"

Today I have discovered that it's not just my boys that are "idiots?". This week we're having a feature in the local free paper. Great you may think what fabulous coverage. Well it's not been quite like that. Friday up popped the chappie to do the editorial. We had a chat and off he went with his information. I had told him whilst we were chatting we didn't want any bull s***. What did he come back with? a load of old bull ****! On Friday we arranged for some photographs to be taken today. I'm photo phobic so I told him "it's imperative that people are around to go in this photo.Because I'm not doing it on my own." Straight forward and to the point. This morning at 8.45 the time we had arranged to meet, the 'phone rang. "Hi it's **** I've forgotten my camera today can we do the photo's tomorrow?" "NO" was my response "today I have people tomorrow it's just me. I'm sorry but you'll have to sort something out. Oh and by the way I've written some editorial that's nearer the truth and I'll e-mail to you." That went down well as you can imagine. Later in the morning I had a phone call a photographer had been arranged and was on his way. And I was informed although my grammar was not quite correct the paper would be using the editorial material I had written. He e-mailed it back for me to check. He had added a few dots and dashes!!

No comments: