Monday 19 September 2011

Junk mail

What a Monday. We have had a most unusual day. There can't possibly be another person in the Forest of Dean who needs to come in or telephone with a bizarre request or question. If this was not enough reason to have the Monday blues I don't know what is. Some of my fellow co. workers "idiots?" have had genuinely trying weekends for one reason or another. And I myself did not get the planned restful weekend I had hoped for. But once again a particular fellow co. worker "idiot?" has taken the biscuit.
In he trooped this morning twenty minutes late "you've got a really busy day" I said. "you need to get going now or you wont fit it all in." He ignored me and drank a cup of tea. Eventually after much persuasion he went off in his van. Five minutes later he was back. He'd forgotten a folder he needed to take. Off he went again. A few hours later he has returned. He sat down to eat his lunch "I've had a terrible weekend" he said. I thought oh my god is it his pussy? could his wife not find her umbrella?(see old blog posts) has he hurt his back? NO it was because he'd  spent yesterday sorting his junk mail. Apparently it took him six and a half hours. In his words "I've had a really bad weekend. I had to apologise to M****** (his wife) because I was really p***ed off. I had to open all the envelopes to see what was inside and burn the contents." I'm not really sure why he thinks he's the only person who has to do this. I've never come in to work and complained that sorting my junk mail has ruined my weekend. And now I'm really worried how he'll cope should a real disaster occur in his life. I sometimes wonder is he for real??

No comments: