Thursday 22 September 2011

Rubber balls

Carpet reps. are like rubber balls -they keep bouncing back to you- they leave one supplier  and join another very quickly and they then expect you to change your allegiance to the new company. This week I have had the misfortune to receive a visit from one such rubber ball. He has already called on me wearing his new company hat before this visit. Where I lost two hours of my life hearing the story how the new company head hunted him. He's quite a tall plumpish man with a liking for pink shirts and matching ties. This combo. goes very well to match his ruddy colouring and ginger moustache. One of his foibles is when he's telling you how important and clever he is he inevitably starts to twitch and bristle with the excitement of his story. This does make concentrating and trying to look interested just that little bit harder. This week he told me the same old stories with just a little embellishment here and there. And I thought I was doing a great job pretending to listen. And then he topped it. In his words "The new company treat me just like a god." I've got news for him. If his figures don't match expectations he's going to be shopping for a new hat regardless of his perceived god like status. Welcome to the real world rubber ball!!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Brilliant!!!!!!!! No mention of the other wonderful rep you saw yesterday-think thats a good thing!!!! xx