Monday 17 October 2011

Ray of sunshine

I'm back from  my sunshine break. My fellow co. workers "idiots?" have been left alone for one week. I think the break has done them good. I know for sure the break has done me the world of good.
On my travels I was lucky enough to meet many interesting people. Budgie (I named him this) and Mrs Budgie. This couple were to be found every day lounging by the sea. As his name would indicate Budgie wore the smallest swimmers I have ever seen in my life. He had a different design for every day of the week. Leopard skin snake print, zebra print you name it he had the design. At over six feet tall he strutted his stuff for all and sundry to admire. Vlad and Mrs Vlad (my name for this couple) this pair could be found every day in the sauna, be it the ladies or gents in they went together for hours at a time. Then they would pop out for an hour and then back in how much time can you spend in a sauna? I expected to see them melted in a heap on the floor. Then there was big Carl (not his real name) he'd hired a bike and off in to the mountains he went clad in his lycra gear. At dinner he was with a lady. I couldn't work it out was it his friend? was it his sister? they didn't seem to have a lot in common. He would stride out for a long walk swim in the sea or ride his bike. She was no where to be seen until dinner time when they shared the same table. On our last day it turned out big Carl and his WIFE yes they were married shared the same flight as us. We got chatting as we waited for our taxis to the airport. We discussed the pleasant walk from the hotel to the port where we had passed big Carl on several occasions. "Oh" said his wife "that walk was too far for me so I hired a bike." All the occasions we had seen big Carl racing up the road she was riding her bike up the road because she was too  lazy to take a twenty minute walk. When we got on to the plane home big Carl even swapped his seat so he didn't even sit by her on the way home. I'm sure they will have a long and happy marriage seen as they don't meet up very much.

No comments: