Wednesday 4 January 2012

New year same old "IDIOTS?"

Monday afternoon I was sat at home enjoying my last  hours before the start of another year with my fellow co. workers. My home phone rang. My spider senses told me it would be a fellow co. worker giving me an excuse why he couldn't come to work on Tuesday. I was right. It was the usual suspect. Avid blog readers with know all about my fellow co. worker who is a hypochondriac. I just knew it would be him. "I'm not well. I've got a cold. I'll be in on Wednesday." Once again my spider senses told me Wednesday would come and go and he would still not turn up. Once again I was right this morning the phone went. He croaked and moaned that he was still poorly and will try and  pop in tomorrow. Another fellow co. worker who like me has worked here along time needed to ask this "idiot?" a question so I transferred the call. I couldn't wait to ask him if the "idiot?" forgot to carry on the pretence after five minutes of conversation. I didn't get the opportunity to ask. My fellow co. worker bounded out of the back office smiling to himself and said "after a few moments he was talking normally." sadly we both knew this would be the case. I get the feeling this year is going to be much the same as last year.The kidders amongst us will be thinking there pulling the wool over our eyes when in reality there just being predictable!

No comments: