Saturday 24 January 2015

What a waste of a sunny Saturday

Husband boss "idiot" and myself are both working today. He left for site at 5.30. And I got up and cleaned the house before opening the shop at 8.30. This is not how I envisioned my life in our fifties. I always said when I was younger I was retiring at fifty. No chance of that. We seem to be working harder than ever. We employ people to make our lives easier. They book their holidays and the  shop runs like a dream. I have a holiday and DISASTER resounds. I was  fifty at the latter end of 2014 I booked a sunny holiday for us for just one week. The holiday destination was fabulous. Because we had encountered such a difficult year I was exhausted. So obviously I was ill for the whole week. And when we returned OH MY DAYS. what a disaster one "idiot" blamed another for all that had ensued. When no one "idiot" was at fault they both were. I immediately announced this shop is closed for my birthday this year. Honestly you would think I'm super human so when I'm  not here obviously no one would be able to cope. But I'm not. I'm just a middle aged worn out woman who everyone relies on to keep things afloat.

No comments: