Monday 15 February 2010

Anxious to impress

My newly employed sales man come estimator is anxious to impress me with his knowledge. He has worked in two carpet outlets before so knows a bit about the products and is familiar with pricing. I have heard the sentence before a little knowledge can be dangerous. On Friday we were looking at carpet ranges so he could familiarise himself with our product range. "Of course" he said "these are obviously all 1/10th gauge because you have written it on the label. "No" I said "That was the date they were priced January(1) and 2010 (10). He has worked with me now for two full days and two half days. I have noticed that if I let him run with his over exuberance for the first hour he soon calms down and by the time he has done three hours he is almost in a stupor. I am looking forward to the day he comes in and doesn't try to impress.

No comments: