Wednesday 3 February 2010

Bad Kneese broken vans and man flu!

Just when you think things can't get any worse they do! Saturday dawned with an itchy scratchy throat for me. A sure clue that a cold is to follow and it did. so Monday morning in I struggled (no assistant remember) I am interviewing a prospective fellow co. worker at 11 o'clock and I pray he is miracle sent from heaven (he might be I haven't decided yet whether or not to give him a three month trial period.) At about 8.45 the phone rang it was one of my fitters his van had blown a summat or other. But the good news was it was going again. I phoned all the customers to inform them the fitter would be late and carried on regardless. At 9.45 the phone went again it was the same fitter the summat or other had blown again and he was heading back home could I organise for him to borrow a van if he came up in his car? a bit of reorganising achieved this. Against all the odds Monday came and went in haze of broken vans and soggy tissues and olbas oil. Tuesday dawned I still had man flu the van was still broken and I had that de ja vu (that might be spelt wrong!) feeling. Towards lunchtime another fitter came in to the show room who was working today (Wednesday) "I just need to tell you" he said "I have been to the physio and I need to rest my knee, so I can't fit as much as usual." Today (Wednesday) I still have man flu the van is still broken the bad knee is not so bad and I am praying that Friday comes around very quickly.

No comments: