Sunday 31 January 2010

I will survive

I know I will survive this period of the unknown unwanted and uncertain.But I can tell you now it is not enjoyable. 2010 seems to have got off to a shaky start. What with the weather the credit crunch and being short staffed I just don't seem to be able to get in to the swing of normality that is my comfort zone.
I have spent the week interviewing prospective "idiots?" fellow co. workers. I have sifted through the applicants thinking I am weeding out the duds and arranging informal interviews with the possibles. It has to be an informal interview because whilst trying to ascertain if the interviewee is remotely any good I am serving the customers and answering endless telephone calls so it would be pointless trying to be formal. It's amazing how people really turn out once you get to chat to them. In bowled one interviewee just like a whirl wind. "Take a seat" says I "This is nothing scary I just a want to tell you about the job and what you would be required to do." I then quickly run over the requirements making sure they understand that holiday and sickness cover is very important. (I have decided I definitely want holidays and I would really like to stay at home when I'm ill, instead of working and taking so much longer to get better.)"No problem" she said. And then we chatted some more. The more we chatted the more eccentric she became. She went on and on about a life changing event that made her want to grab life by horns. This life changing event was why she wanted part time hours, and it only affected her ability to stand for long periods, walk very far, and her eye sight. Of course once I found out all the reasons she would not be very suitable I just wanted to end the agony and get on with my day.I tried all ways I could to end her chatter, but she wouldn't take the hint. At some point she had babbled on about her beautiful pink car she seemed really into the vehicle so I came up with an idea. "I will show you where we take deliveries" I said "It's out in the car park and then you can show me your car." Out we went. I opened the back door of our unit and scanned the car park for her pink car. No pink car to be seen. "what do you think?" she said. I couldn't think of an answer. "Lets have a proper look" I finally came up with. So she took me over to a silver car. It did have a pink gear stick and some pink accents on the interior, but during our chat she had told me it was pink with pink flowers all over it. We finally said our goodbyes and I went back to work. Later that morning I checked my e-mails she had e-mailed me thanking me for my time.She also informed me when she gets the job she will give me a manicure and cut my hair. I am hoping Gok Whan is coming for an interview this week and he can give me total make over.

No comments: