Saturday 3 April 2010

Ashes to Ashes

I don't know if any of you watched the new series of Ashes to Ashes that started last night. I did hence the title of today's blog. You see I think I may be like Alex Drake. Not in looks unfortunately but I think I might have some how reverted to the 1980's.
My new fellow co. worker "possible idiot?" is really nice. He's got a great sense of humour and he knows a bit about the job so can relate to customers with just a little bit of guidance from me when required. All good you're thinking. BUT every now and then he reverts to a boy of about thirteen (instead of the thirty five year old he should be) We will be going along nicely and then all of a sudden he will say something I haven't heard since I was in the first year at secondary school. This first happened in the second week he worked with me. I was asking about previous jobs he's had and why he left them. And out he came with "They just didn't give a flying f***" I hadn't heard that expression for at least twenty years. And then another day the boys were have a laugh being a bit rude and out he came with "Giving a bo**r"(fill in the blanks yourself) And then on Thursday M*** had done a site survey for wood and he thought the room was damp. I wrote on the sheet smelled damp. My new fellow co. worker changed it to smelled a dump! Now I don't know what to do he's still on trial so I'm still deciding whether he's the man/boy for the job. In many ways he's invaluable he cuts off the stock helps with deliveries and is willing to help the other "idiots?" in any way he can. Should I phone his mum and check he is thirty five and not thirteen? should I Waite and see if Gene Hunt and the boys turn up in the Quattro? (this will confirm I have reverted to the 1980's) or should I drag him into 2010 kicking and screaming? I think I'll ask the easter bunny.

No comments: