Monday 7 June 2010

how does his mind work (or more preciseley does his mind work)

I am bemused confused and befuddled. Unfortunately one of my fellow co. workers who used to work Saturdays is unwell and she has left our happy little community of "idiots?" for the moment that leaves us short staffed on a Saturday. This shouldn't be a problem during the summer because we are less busy on a Saturday until the Christmas run up. (please god let there be a busy Christmas run up!) Well last Saturday the most annoying "idiot?" I have the misfortune to work with worked the morning. He knows that at the moment it's only one person working Saturdays so we can't organise measures for this day. This morning in he wandered at 9.05 it was requested by boss "idiot?" that he start work at 8.30 every morning this week but because he had a measure on the way in I guessed he would not be in until 9.30 today. Because it was 9.05 when he arrived today I enquired "you did remember the meausure didn't you?" he turned on his heel and was making his way back to the van. Of course I should have known better he had forgotten completely. The damn measure was for his next door neighbour!! Any how the saga continues because I looked at the messages from Saturday. Sure enough there was a measure sheet all written out measure next Saturday 10.30 in Newnham on Severn. On the "idiots?" return from next door to his own house I enquired how are we going to do this measure next Saturday then? He looked at me all cock eyed as if I was the one without a brain. "What do you mean?" says he."we don't have enough staff on Saturday to cover the showroom for the measure to be possible" I reminded him. "Oh yeh" he said and walked off. I took it upon myself to phone the customer and rearrange I was lucky they didn't tell me not to bother. When summer is over I have no choice it's back to Saturday working for me I reckon I've got ten to twelve weeks before I drag myself in and eat my breakfast at my desk again. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: