Thursday 19 August 2010

Out numbered

I'm feeling outnumbered by my fellow co. workers "idiots?" I'm tired and they're really getting on my nerves. There is way too much testosterone in this place and I crave female company. This morning one of the "idiots?" says to me "I've found something interesting in this tool catalogue you might like." I suspected I wouldn't. I was right he rattled on about waterproof gussets and clip on clip off front. It was a bloody light switch. What's interesting about that? I swished my chair around and pretended to be busy. The next minute he waffled on about the virtues of a good red wine he'd drunk but he couldn't remember the name. What's interesting about that? and so the morning dragged on. Then in came a customer to look at a vinyl she'd selected. "Can't find it" he mumbled. "I need to check the quality" she was chirping. So up I jumped "I'll have a look" I said. I was thinking as I went to check the samples I bet it's there. But if it's not I can show her the quality any way on another design, because regardless of the design the range quality was what she was most worried about. Of course it was there. The customer whispered in my ear "why didn't he think to show me the quality even if the design wasn't there?" all I could think of to answer her was "because he's a man!"

No comments: