Wednesday 26 May 2010

Mad start to the day

Oh my god what a mad start to the day today. In I came with all good intentions opened the door and set up the float etc. Put the kettle on and then got out the vacuum cleaner. I do like a nice clean start to the day. All the "idiots?" were busy next door playing with the thermo former and some whiterock so all was well or so I thought. I had vacuumed about half of the show room before I noticed the bloody great puddle on the floor. Up I looked and yes of course it was coming through the ceiling from the flats above. Not a surprise because bob the builder would have made a better job of the conversion.I am now working with no lights because the water tracked through the electricity ducts and I'm afraid to turn them on. If we have to redecorate I'm calling in the professionals I can't go through the wallpapering saga ever again. I'm hoping that we can resume normal service tomorrow because "idiotis" the god of dust is due back from his holiday. I'm not sure if his delicate constitution would be able to cope with the upheavel.

No comments: