Monday 7 September 2009

Please don't roll your eyes at me

Today we have been short of ("idiot?") fellow co. workers as four of them are on a day off. But I have had my share of ( "idiot?") customers. Obviously even the "idiots" have their role within the company that keep the cogs turning, and when they are not here the rest of us ("idiots?") have to try and cover their work. I have just served a customer who wanted to buy 6 carpet tiles (massive order -NOT-) and I informed them I would have to phone them with the price when I can check how much they are, but they come in packs of 2o. I understand they only want six so I said "tell you what I will find out the cost of the tiles you looked at and then get someone to check in the store to see if anything there will do the job and you wont have buy more than you need" did they say "THANK YOU that would be really helpful" NO THEY DID NOT. He rolled his eyes and said "How much are these" I remained calm and repeated "I will phone you with the price of the tiles and see if we have any in stock that might do the job and you can buy 6 instead of 20" How many shops can you go in that will try to sell you what you want rather than trying to sell you more than twice the amount you need? I really wish I hadn't bothered, because I'm damn sure if I had known the price of the tiles off the top of my head he would have just gone ahead an bought the twenty.

No comments: