Friday 13 November 2009

Idiots from another world

I seem to be having the month from hell. Everything I touch or come in to contact with either goes pear shaped or breaks hence I have been unable to blog much this week because the internet hub went POP!

I am writing this blog today to inform all readers I have encountered people who are bigger idiots than the ones I work with.

Last week Monday / Tuesday I had replacement windows fitted. I was so excited to be having the old wooden ones replaced because they were a bit scratched and never looked nice when I cleaned them. I went home on Monday looking forward to viewing the world through clear beautiful windows. I was sorely disappointed. The bathroom window was broken and the mastic seal on one window looked like it had been done by a blind man also I had to change my bed cover as it was covered in muck. So Tuesday I didn't leave for work until they had arrived I took the main man around and showed him a few problems he then told me he didn't work at my house the day before but the guy who did was ill "oh" said I "maybe he had a little lie down in my room?" I got no response and off I went to work. Tuesday night I got home and had a little look around at the windows still a few picky problems i.e I opened one and it wouldn't close and a key was broken off in a lock but you can't see much in the dark. Wednesday morning the sun was shining and you could clearly see every pane of glass was scratched! So on the phone we went and arranged a meeting for later that morning with the main main man. "right no that shouldn't have happened we will be here Thursday and change all the glass and that one window because it's not right." Thursday came and home I went with great anticipation of course it was dark so I couldn't see much again I opened and closed the window that wouldn't work and that was about it. Saturday I had to work and didn't get home until the afternoon I was determined to clean my new windows even though it was raining and guess what I opened a differant window and it wouldn't close and another window had a foriegn body in the glass. On to the phone again to the main main man "I can't come I've got achey boll***s but I will send some one tonight to get the window closed. I said "please come yourself and you will have 2 achey boll***S!" Duly at six o'clock around came an operative and whacked my window with a piece of wood "we'll be back Monday" he said. Monday came they arrived and adjusted the windows and phoned me to arrange a meeting for Tuesday to look at the windows. Tuesday came and I arrived to meet them and duly they changed the window with a foriegn body in it "There you go good as new" said they "NO said I" that window is scratched" "It can't be says main main man with achey boll***S I checked it myself" it was scratched! "We'll be back Thursday my love and we will check all these windows and you will be absoloutely delighted" they said "NO I wont" I said "this is the worst experience I have had I want you out of my house and out of my life this is the final chance." Thursday came (yesterday) hubbie opened bathroom window and two locking plates fell off. I left a sharp note for main main man hubbie phoned the office to inform them just in case. I have not really checked the windows out properly today because I can't be bothered I am totally sick of the whole affair. The lady from their office phoned me at lunch time to see if the windows are now acceptable I told her to phone back Monday. At some point I can't remember what point now I asked these idiots why you would fit windows and not check that they opened and closed before you left. The main main man with the achey boll***s told me that instead of opening and closing the windows he had put the vacuam cleaner around to make it nice for me to come home to. Any one contemplating window replacements is welcome to contact me and I will tell you who NOT to use.

No comments: