Friday 6 November 2009

Winter blues

We are suffering from the winter blues this week. Some of my fellow co. workers and I have had a bit of cold and sore throat thing this week. One of my fellow co. workers has really suffered quite badly and has struggled in sounding just like Barrie White but never the less he has made it in every day and we have teased and cajoled our way through the days. I have blogged before about one of my fellow co. workers who is a hypochondriac and unfortuantely he thinks he has caught this bug. In he wandered yesterday with a face like a wet weekend in Weston Super Mare and informed us all he had a cold. "well" says I "we have had it all week so you wont be getting any sympathy from us!" for the last two days he has coughed when he remembers and sniffed every time he thinks one of us is listening but I have not heard him seeze once. I wish I had the same bug as him.
My other half and I were just sat chatting over lunch about when people complain. It's not unheard of for a customer to come in several days or weeks after an installation and complain about something and you just know this complaint is not justified, because if it was they would have told you well before this that there was a problem. As we were saying this in came a customer and asked about colours for Altro Marine so off I went and got a sample to show her, as I returned she told me we had installed a floor over three weeks ago (That she has paid for after we have fitted it) and she doesn't think it's the right colour "Gull" so I show her the samples, and yes we have fitted gull just like she ordered. BUT she meant to order shark the sample that was underneath gull. The bit that baffles me is it has taken her over three weeks to check this and she paid for it after it was fitted but didn't queery the colour. Thank god it was her mistake.

No comments: