Wednesday 6 January 2010

It really is snow joke

I was right the trusty four by four got me to work again today. I don't know if I'll get any customers but I you just got to try.

This morning I was drinking my tea just thinking about the journey home yesterday. The trusty four by four was packed with fellow co. workers who were having a lift home. I got in the back. I was swapping my shoes for boots, because I knew the weather would be far worse where I live. "You all right?" my fellow co. worker who was in the back with me enquired. "yes" said I as I struggled into my boots. I thought I was struggling because I didn't have much room. I got out of the car at my house and then all became apparent. I had forced my boots on to the wrong feet. You would think at my age I would know my left from right.

I have two fellow co. workers who live in the same village. I have spoken to both of them today the one agreed with me that we had about 1ocm or so of snow. The other fellow co. worker "idiot?" must be prone to exaggeration because he insisted that he had 18 - 20cm and obviously he couldn't come to work. He didn't even falter when I told him this seemed a bit odd as I had spoken to **** about the snow and he only lives just up the road from him. If the exaggerating fellow co. worker didn't annoy me so much I would go and pick him up in the trusty four by four and bring him in, but I think I prefer it without him!

No comments: