Friday 22 January 2010

I've survived the first week

It's Friday today and I've survived the first week in the showroom on my own without an assistant on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. And the doddery assistant on Monday and Friday. On the whole it's not been too bad, helped considerably on Wednesday by the weather I have managed to do everything I needed to. The major downsides to being on my own are firstly and most importantly I can't use the ladies powder room without making a grand entrance in to the warehouse to greet whom ever has entered whilst I am powdering my nose. I don't know why but someone always does come in whilst I am making use of the facilities. I usually make some Witty comment about even the queen needing to use the loo, and sometimes I get a smile other times I get a grim look as if to say "my god what are you on?" other times by the time I've washed my hands and swept into the warehouse they've turned around and left the building!The other downsides to being on my Larry are I have to serve every customer and take every delivery. At times this week I have considered that if I don't get an assistant I could lose a couple of stone from all the running around and not having time to eat so this could be an added bonus. I have started to speak to prospective assistance on the telephone today. So far it looks like it might take a while to find someone.

No comments: