Saturday 16 January 2010

One of those days

Yesterday was definitely one of those days. We had a delivery of a big order ready for fitting on Monday. I don't know why but at around lunch time something triggered in my mind that all was not well. I looked at the delivery note and alarm bells started to ring.The product had a different name to the one I had ordered, sometimes this is not a problem as it is not unusual (don't ask me why) for a range to have more than one name. I dug out the sample of what I had ordered and went to the delivery unit and cut open the bags. Today was not my day, it was the wrong product. In to a flat spin I went, phoned the customer and informed her, and then phoned the supplier to inform them, of course they don't have any stock of the right product to replace it so without further ado I reorganise Monday and then try to sort the mess out. Down came the customer to the showroom to inspect what had been delivered, she didn't dislike it so took the samples home to see if she would accept the item delivered. If she was going to have this product instead this would mean changing another product ordered for another area as this would not match. It is now 2.45 on a Friday afternoon not the best time for sorting out problems. The customer decided she would go with the delivered item. BUT it must be fitted Monday as the original plan. This meant sorting out the order for the alternative product and rearranging the fitting plan for Monday once again. Not an impossible task, but it would mean a lot of running around and organising. Up popped a fellow co. worker ("idiot?") as I am running around getting product codes etc. was she going to be any help? you wonder NO she was not.She stood right in the way of the things I needed and started to tell me about a programme she had watched on television during the week. I managed to run around her and get things done. I was sitting at my desk just after this incident when in came a customer, the door buzzer alerted my fellow co. worker to the customers entry, so up she popped from the warehouse, looked all around the show room, shrugged her shoulders and then went back to whatever she was doing, which was probably combing her hair. The customer was duly served by another fellow co. worker ("idiot?"). The end of this truly trying day finally came. The key was turned in the lock and I looked around. My fellow co. worker ("idiot?") who spends so much time combing her hair had supposedly vacuamed the showroom, but it was all covered in fluff from the samples. I think she must push the vacuam around because she likes the sound of it not really looking to see if she is improving the state of the floor.I spent the next twenty minutes making it fluff free ready for today.

No comments: