Friday 1 January 2010

When we're open the doors unlocked

I would like to inform any customers who follow my blog when the show room is open the door is unlocked!
After a long day yesterday our show room make over is complete. And I think it looks fabulous. contemporary and modern without being too clinical. During the make over customers kept knocking on the door, down the ladder we would get look for the keys and open the door "Are you open?" they enquired. "NO" I mean to say I think a show room without any samples and two scruffy people pasting wall paper and a locked door is a bit of give away that you are not actually open for business.
Yesterday was the last big push to get it all put back together so we could at least have the long weekend to enjoy a break before it's back to normal trading next week, and me and some of my fellow co. workers "idiots?" set to to get it finished. The fellow co. worker "idiot?" who helped on Sunday with the glossing even turned up. I don't think he intended to do much because he was wearing his new christmas cardie with a fur trimmed hood.No one told him that the evening before was spent re-doing most of the glossing he did on Sunday because he had missed lots of areas. I don't think they said anything because on Sunday he told us he was really good at painting and could have done it for a career he just doesn't enjoy doing it. I love listening to this fellow co. worker "idiot?" because according to him he is good at everything and I know different. As the day wore on it all started to take shape and we got to the point where it just needed another vacuam through but I had to pop out. When I got back one of the "idiots?" told me the vacuam cleaner wasn't picking up so I told him to empty it. It turned out he meant on the tools option so I told him there is a two pence stuck in the tube all you have to do is take the tube out and only use the hose. Would he do this? NO he spent the next half an hour trying to remove a two pence that I knew was well lodged and would go no where. I wandered off and did something else. When I came back he told me had fixed the vacuam by swapping parts with another. Good thinking I thought. Until I came to use the vacuam cleaner, when you used the tools option the hose wouldn't stay on the tube at all, so how is this fixed? I thought you can still only use the the tube if you hold really tight on to the hose and tube, so you might as well have not bothered!

No comments: