Monday 10 August 2009

Bad mood bear

Floor layers they are always in a mood.

Last week I used a subbie to work Friday. My regularFriday guy was already full for the day and I had two customers who wanted their installation on that day. One was at 9.30 and the other after 2.00 so the usual fitter wouldn't have wanted these jobs anyway because of the way they were timed, but at the end of the day the customers wish is my command so this is how it worked out. Hence the phone call to the subbie who was delighted to have some work off me.

You would think I had commited a crime. It's Monday now and my fellow co. worker (idiot?) who had the hump on Friday is still not speaking to me. Now it's not easy having a conversation about work with someone who will not answer you. This fellow co. worker has worked here long enough to know I would not give the subbie work in preference to him but is too stupid to recognise this. I guess we will have to suffer the silent treatment for the whole week. Or should I just use the subbie I used on Friday and make life easier for myself? that's the problem with working with "idiots" some days you think I just can't do this anymore.

No comments: