Sunday 23 August 2009

Thinking of the idiots on a Sunday!

I've just been on face book, and a couple of people are nagging me for an update on the "idiots" well today's Sunday and I don't usually have to think much about the "idiots" on a Sunday. But then I got to thinking, so I thought I would dash out a quick blog.
This is an update of another occurrence from Thursday /Friday.
On Thursday one of my fellow co. workers who is a serial mourner told me he thought he should go to a funeral on Friday "no" says I, I am finishing early and I need you to be here because two idiots can be better than one on a Friday afternoon, and he had a "couple of hours off" last Friday that turned out to be over half the day! I in my innocence thought he had taken this on board and it was agreed. So on Friday morning when he walked in wearing a black tie, I thought I've got trouble here he obviously thinks he's off for his free lunch at the wake. Now I know this sounds callous, but it must be the only reason why he thinks he needs to go to all these funerals of people he knew many, many years ago but has not had any contact with since then. "what time you leaving?" he asked me "oh some time between 12 & 1" I reply knowing full well the funeral is at 1 o'clock, and so it went on, him not actually saying I'm going to the funeral, and me knowing I was going to leave when it was too late for him to go anyway. You have to be clever when you work with "idiots." Many years ago unbeknown to me this particular co. worker ("idiot") was married to my dads cousin, but he has been estranged from this family for at least 24 years now, two years ago my dads brother died, and obviously I went to my uncles funeral. The "idiot" decided he should go too. I went early as I thought respectful and was sitting with my parents in the "family" part of the proceedings. The place was really full and all the seats were taken but there was some standing room available. In came the "idiot" he shuffled his way through all the standing people to the row where we were sitting and started to make his way towards ME, he thought after all this time he would be made welcome by the family. After it was all over my parents and I made our way home. The "idiot" went for his free sandwitch!

No comments: