Friday 16 October 2009

Is it me?

I've not got that Friday feeling today at all. As usual I have spent time looking for lost paper work for a job that is happening tonight. I didn't find what I was looking for which was an e-mailed copy of our quotation but I did find the originals that had been lost for a while. It wasn't difficult it was in the Kalamazoo file under P for post office, quite simple really just like the person who keeps losing paper work!! Any way I was looking for the paperwork to telephone the customer to confirm the lads could work tonight, I had told the appropriate fellow co. worker ("idiot?") two days ago I had spoken to the customer and all was well, but he had forgotton to tell the lads who of course by now had made plans for the weekend that didn't include working for most of it. During all the commotion a friend of a fellow co. worker kept phoning me with requests for shopping from the super market for my fellow co. worker ("idiot?") to pick up for him including black bags and pork pies!! and the mobile was ringing about health and safety issues on a site we are working at. According to the site manager the lads need to work in full kit this includes high vis. vests steel toe cap boots and hard hats. According to one fellow co. worker ("idiot?") this is detremental to his health. After many 'phone calls it's decided if the site manager says wear it all then that's what they will have to do and moan about it as they go. I really don't think today is going to be a good day.

No comments: