Thursday 22 October 2009

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!

One of my fellow co. workers ("idiots?") is always complaining when other co. workers have days off. He was having a really good moan the other day and I casually told him that he was one of the worst offenders and that "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" he just looked at me quizically as if he was the best most reliable worker in the whole place, when he just so isn't! he has the most sick days and is always cutting his days short because of one drama or another. He phoned in yesterday on his day off to tell me he couldn't work today because he was having double glazing fitted. Now I know he has had most of it done because he has had it done in phases, and I also know I am having all my windows replaced over the next week or so, so I have a plan of action about moving furniture and taking down curtains etc. none of my plans involve having any time off work. So I told him "I'm having replacement windows and managing to come to work and do my job, so your asking the wrong person if it's acceptable!" He told me it's all right for me but he has more stuff to move. How on earth can you deal with people who always think things are so much harder for them than they are for you. This same fellow co. worker used to be my boss and when he was my boss I just had to put up with him. One day a long time ago he came in to work and told me he was going home at 3.30 "Oh why's that then?" I asked "my wifes going out tonight and I have to cook my own tea" he replied. I remember getting the right hump and telling him I have to cook my own tea every day and I don't go home at 3.30. I think the moral of this blog is there are people that do and people that think they do.

No comments: