Thursday 29 October 2009

You may as well just do it yourself

As well as me and the other half we have ten other fellow co. workers ("idots?") not all of these work every day not all of these really work any day. For a few weeks now I have noticed that if you really want things done properly (or what I think is properly) you may as well do it yourself. By the time you have asked someone to do it showed them how to do it and put it right when they haven't done it properly you could have saved all that time and energy by just doing it yourself in the first place.
Today I asked a fellow co. worker to price up a job, he went away did the maths and then brought it back to me "You ring her and tell her the price and tell her I need to check the floor" why couldn't he do any of those things himself? I had a good laugh yesterday that proves this point. One of my fellow co. workers came back and asked me if I had noticed him stop up the road when he left in the morning. I told him I hadn't he then proceeded to tell me his fellow co. worker had put some tools in to the back of the van after they had loaded a 5.00 m cut. With 5.00 m the doors don't shut properly on the back of the van, all the boys know this and load accordingly. This co. worker didn't make an allowance and when they went up the road the tools fell out of the back of the van right in front of a competitors van. Did the fellow co. worker who loaded the tools feel silly? I would think so!

No comments: