Wednesday 15 July 2009

I hate being right

I was right yesterday, back he came and we had the usual discussion about late, "she was all right with me" she did not say a word to him not even a hint that she was annoyed.

And then in she comes it's 4.40 and we are supposed to close at 5.00"I'm the easiest customer in the world" she said, OH NO I hate those words that usually means don't even try 'cause you can't please me.

"I want the lightest colour you can find me" so we did, "yes yes and I'll match that with that" job done and it's only 4.55 hoooray.

NO don't be rediculous "sorry" says the supplier "that range is being revamped no stock of that colour and the new colours not available until September."

Right let's re-group and try again, let's try another colour? three colours later, not enough stock of any to fulfill the order 5 o'clock has come and gone. We go on the internet and source samples of the new colours, but no one has got any of the product yet, so that's no good. I encourage a fellow co. worker (idiot) in to a corner and finally persuade him to show her a completeley different product, why he hadn't done this twenty minutes earlier instead of looking at me and willing me to find from somewhere enough of the discontinued product I do not know.

Problem solved....


If I had not had a chat with my fellow co. workerI think he would have still been trying to source the dicontinued product this time next week.

Another happy customer leaves the store, and to be fair she really was easy to please, she didn't fuss when her first choice was not available and happily matched other items to the new product, let's just hope the floor layer's not late on the day of installation.

No comments: