Thursday 23 July 2009

Up the creek without a paddle

It's official it's only Thursday and this week can't get any worse, I am definatley up the creek without a paddle.

Walked in this morning 1 message on answerphone "I know this is not what you want to hear, BUT I will not be in work today because I am not well" OH MY GOD! we were already so overstretched today it was going to be a HORRIBLE day, But now it seems impossible.

Unload one van into another send two here two there and one somewhere else, maybe we can achieve the impossible once again.

NOW WHAT DO I DO? I have decided to wait until lunch time and then ring around all the sick and injured to see when they think they will be fit for work. I can't move anything foward until I know I've got the man power to cover it (so decided to write blog whilst I wait - therapy is good for me -)

In the mean time different set of fitters set out to move the fridge freezer the size of everest, this they accomplish only to find the floor is rough and this will need latexing, of course the replacement floor covering will have to be fitted at the end of the day as well, I am starting to think this day will never end. Then the phone goes "put the kettle on" three fitters come back, one for latex for "everest freezer job" two because they have forgotton to load the gripper for the next job - good job they realised, the next job was twenty four miles away! -

I am now going to make myself a cup of tea before I phone around the sick and injured, I have decided if they are not coming to work tomorrow neither am I!

No comments: