Wednesday 8 July 2009

such a blogable day

when I sit and muse about what to put in my blog it sets my mind to work. Today has had a lot of happenings that I want to include but I don't want to become boring, so I think I will just keep typing give it a bit of an edit and then 'post' and see what I have come up with.

As I am trying to type this, a fellow co. worker is sat next to me form filling, asking me to spell all the words for him, how can I think when I am spelling random words for someone else? random words I might add for a form about waste disposal, I mean waste disposal it's not very glamorous is it? I think it might have been easier if I just filled the form in myself.

It's been a bit of plywood day, first request of the day was for supply only of an 8' x 4' piece of ply, oh we don't sell 8' x 4' I cheerfully replied but we do sell 4' x 2' would you like some of that? ah that would be so good said the customer I was wondering how I was going to carry an 8' x 4' sheet, so why did he ask for an 8' x 4' when he could have asked for a 2 x 4' x 2'? it must be a man thing.

See now that's got me thinking again, is it that I work with idiots that makes my life so difficult? or is it because the majority of them are men? you see a man really cannot multi task, if they are doing one thing then that's it, game over, don't ask them something don't tell them something, because they just don't take it in, it's like you don't exist around goes the leather executive chair, the shoulders get hunched and I really am not in the eye line. Of course the one task they are doing is so much more important than anything I should be doing.

over the last few days I have overheard:
Have you collected the van from the M.O.T "no I forgot - I didn't know I was supposed to-"(for this read I just couldn't be bothered)
I forgot to make my sandwitches (for this read I couldn't be bothered to make my sandwitches)
I didn't know he was working today (when he had taken the message confirming the work for today)
The order been placed and confirmed but it's just not here (for this read I didn't order it)

I am going to call these things manisms:

No comments: